We value our employees
David Ford Consulting Engineers offers competitive salary and benefits, provides training, and encourages participation in professional activities.
Water Resources Engineer
We are looking to add a water resources engineer with 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience to our Sacramento office. The civil engineer in this position will apply hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) engineering principles and best practices to a variety of assignments, with specific emphasis on hydraulic studies related to civil infrastructure projects such as levees and dams. Key responsibilities will include hydraulic study design, modeling, analysis, mapping, and documentation. These tasks will require proficiency in the use of H&H software and GIS software.
- Complete hydraulic modeling of water resource facilities, including levees and dam facilities.
- Complete floodplain inundation and mapping studies.
- Complete hydrologic studies.
- Prepare project reports and perform oral presentations.
- Manage tasks to technical and financial success.
- Supervise and delegate work to junior engineers and support staff as necessary to manage specific hydraulic engineering tasks within larger complex projects.
- Contribute to business development, marketing, and proposal preparation efforts.
- BS in Civil Engineering or similar degree; MS preferred but not required.
- Professional Engineer license required; CA license required within 6 months of hire.
- Project experience in the use of 1-D and 2-D hydraulic modeling software applications.
- Project experience with hydrologic engineering modeling software applications.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
In addition, having the following expertise will give the right candidate a competitive advantage:
- Proficiency with USACE HEC H&H modeling applications (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS).
- Experience with reservoir operations modeling, e.g., HEC-ResSim.
- Experience with 3-D computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling applications.
How to apply
Mail or e-mail resumes to:
David Ford Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Attn: Rhonda Robins
2015 J Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95811